Description of services
Get ready for a journey into a forgotten world in the hidden forest of Takuapa, the "Little Amazon". On the trip to the palm forest with a paddle boat you will get into the dense jungle, surrounded by huge banyan trees, where you can listen to the sounds of nature along the small river "Klong Sung Nae". This excursion also includes a ride with a local Thai taxi "Songteaw" to the old town of Takuapa, where you can experience the local goings-on in the charming small town and where traditional life and culture have been practiced unchanged for more than a hundred years. Also note the old-style buildings, small cafes and the most famous part of Takuapa: the old tin mines and tin factories, where production continued until the 1920s.
Soft drinks, coffee break and Thai lunch
• 8:30 am-9:00am hotel pick-up
• Stop at the cashew nut factory
• Canoe trip through the "Little Amazon"
• Visit to the local market in Takuapa followed by lunch
• Ride a local taxi “Songteaw” where you will see an old tin factory, water buffalo and the old town
• Visit to a Thai and Chinese temple
• Sample the local Boran coffee in a typical Thai cafe
• 3: 30-4: 00 pm return to your hotel
Please think of the following:
Sunscreen, insect repellent, camera, extra money and shoes: sandals.
Please do not forget that we have a "dress code" in temples. Please no short-sleeved and
Wear short-legged clothing - never shorter than knee-length for men and women!
Day trip. Every Saturday with a German-speaking tour guide. Bookable every Friday and Sunday with an English-speaking tour guide. We need a minimum of 4 people to carry out the excursion.